Remote Memory Access Protocol
RMAP is used to access memory devices across a SpaceWire data link. RMAP can be used to support many functions within a JAS-based system, such as:
- Configure SpaceWire routers
- Load and control FPGA applications
- Configure and control sensors
- Gather state of health information
- Initializing and retrieving the contents of memory
RMAP supports three primary operations: read, write and an atomic read-modify-write. RMAP also has the ability to perform a verify function as part of the write operations. However, RMAP is not considered a reliable protocol because it does not retransmit the commands if there is an error.
Commercially available FPGA cores and software libraries can be purchased to support RMAP.